15th January 2018
Improving Financial Literacy Among Youth & Children
Registration is now closed
About the Hackathon
The Financial Literacy competition is about developing solutions that can improve financial literacy among youth and children in Malaysia. The solution must be developed in Maybank Sandbox.
About Maybank Sandbox
A collaborative platform to create and test new ideas. It is a complete Fintech ecosystem that provides all the essentials components for free such as environment, tools, simulated data and APIs. Explore more at www.maybanksandbox.com
Who can participate?
University students studying in Malaysia and has knowledge of information technology or students that thinks they have what it takes to take up the challenge.
11 youths are going bankrupt each day in Malaysia*.
The spending temptation and desire to own things that represent status has driven many youths into spending more than they have. These along with the serious lack of financial education leads to a lifetime of financial struggles and eventually bankruptcy.
As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure. How can we educate and prepare youth & children in Malaysia to not be part of the statistics?
*Malaysian Financial Planning Council (MFPC) revealed that 22,663 Malaysians under the age of 35 had been declared bankrupt between 2011 and Sept 2015
How To Participate?
- Register your interest of participation here by 3rd November 2017. You can participate as individual or as a team of maximum 8 people.
- Please choose which date you can attend the hackathon briefing sessions at Maybank Innovation Centre. The briefing day is on 30th Oct and 31st Oct, from 10.30am till 12pm.
- Go to Maybank Sandbox maybanksandbox.com, sign up and start developing your solution.
- Once your solution is ready, create a 60 – 80 second video to explain about your idea and post it on your Facebook page, include hashtag #Maybank #Maybankcares. Make sure your post is made public and get as many likes from your family and friends.
- Send the link of your solution and Facebook posting to email@example.com by 7th January 2018.
- If you are selected , you will receive a notification by 12 January 2018 to attend the pitch session on 15th January 2018.
- Attend the Pitch Day on 15th January 2018 at Maybank Innovation Centre.
Innovation and Creativity
- New or improvised idea which has unique capabilities and emerging technologies
- Uniqueness & WOW factor
Feasibility and Adaptability
- Practicality and validity of the solution to be implemented
Impact (Tangible, Intangible) & Sustainability
- The benefits and value proposition for the stakeholders
- How long the impact can sustain?
- The attractiveness of the idea to potential audience / users
- The level excitement the idea brings to the audience / users
Social Media Reach
- The number of likes & share of the Facebook posting